I am so honored to be nominated for The Liebster Award. Thank you so much A Stitch to Scratch for the nomination!
So for the rules:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
I shorten this a little ( I really couldn’t think of 11 random facts about myself) so I’ll give you 7 random facts on me.
- I love, love to eat ice cream in the winter time
- I rearrange my room as the seasons change
- I’m a very inquisitive person
- I’m a strong believer of karma
- I love seafood
- I enjoy being around people who are passionate about something
- It takes a lot to bother me
Here are the questions A Stitch to Scratch asked me to answer:
1. What is your favorite thing to drink?
It depends on the season, in the fall and winter months I like to drink Pumpkin Spiced Lattes and Mint Hot Chocolate, in the spring and summer I enjoy seasonal inspired cocktails (while sitting on the patio of course 🙂 ). Oh and how can I forget I do enjoy wine all year round!
2. If you could meet one celebrity or famous person, who would it be?
I would want to meet the Dali Lima.
3. Do you play any instruments?
No, I do not. But I wish I knew how to play the piano or the drums.
4. If you could visit anywhere in the world, where? and why?
I honestly can’t narrow this down to just one place. I want to see the world and experience different cultures.
5. A pet peeve?
I really don’t like when someone talks a big game, but can’t back it up with their actions.
Now for my nominees: ( Drum roll please……….)
And their questions to answer:
- If a genie were to grant you one wish, what would you wish for and why?
- What is your favorite season and why?
- Who is your celebrity crush and why?
- If you could have dinner with one person from the past, who would it be and why?
- What is your favorite food?
- Which holiday is your favorite?
- What is your favorite past time?
Again thank you for the nomination!!!
Widgets, Themes and Posts oh my!
How fast a month goes by, I can’t believe Blogging 101 has come to an end. I truly enjoyed learning and building my blog. I must admit I was nervous at first, nervous of the unknown, if anyone would read it, and oh gosh what if I develop the worst case of writers’ block, but I decided to jump right in and see what happens and I’m glad I did!
I’ve learned about many different features and tips to guide me through my blogging journey. And now its on to the next blogging adventure, and so I say farewell blogging 101 and I thank you.
So today’s assignment on Blogging 101 is to create a new feature, whether its an weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly post. Many blogs have this and I think its a great way to keep your readers engaged, and they’ll have something to look forward to. So I came up with Soul-Searching Sundays!
Soul-Searching Sundays is taking some time out of the day just for you. With the busy demands of day to day life, we tend to forget to about ourselves. I believe that until someone is comfortable and knows what makes them happy, how can they expect someone else to make them happy?
So in my quest for personal growth I want to dedicate some “me time” on Sundays, just to pause, think, and reflect on things, and I invite you to share what you do for “me time”. Stay tuned and see what adventures I embark on.
Day 2 in the Blogging 101 course and the assignment is to let readers know what inspired your title and tagline. The title Journey, Love, and Growth came to me because they’re three words that best describe me at the moment. Journey because we’re all going through it in this thing we call life, Love for my current passion for food (cooking and restaurant reviews, which then I try to go home and recreate 🙂 ) and Growth because I try to do things where I can better myself as a person. I wanted a tagline to reflect the title and I came across the quote, “Life is not a problem to be solved but a reality to be experienced” and thought that it summed things up quite nicely.
I’m excited about the Blogging 101 course. I’ve always been interested in blogs and wanted to start my own, but just too nervous to do so, with the wonders if anyone would read it, comment about it, or just simply hit the back space button. So here I go jumping with both feet first….wish me luck!
Why are you blogging publicly, rather than keeping a personal journal?
I went back and forth on if I should go public or keep it private. And I thought why not put myself out there
What topics do you think you’ll write about?
I plan on writing about food, relationships, and life’s journeys.
Who would you love to connect with via your blog?
I would love to connect with new and experienced bloggers, who are going through this journey as I am.
If you blog successfully throughout the next year, what would you hope to have accomplished?
I want to improve my writing and discuss things that interest me.